ROTARY CLUB of PORTSMOUTH
How to Apply for Funding
The Rotary Club of Virginia conducts fund-raising projects each year that solicit funds from the citizens of Hampton Roads Virginia so that we can then distribute those funds to worthy organizations. We are not a wealthy granting body, just a group of folks who want to help, so there are not large sums of money to be distributed.
Below is the process we use to solicit and receive fund requests and the general criteria we examine to determine if an award is warranted.
All charitable funding requests must be submitted in writing by the requesting activity and signed by a management official of that agency.
The mailing address for the club is:
Community Improvement Fund Allocation
Rotary Club of Portsmouth
PO Box 3
Portsmouth, VA 23705
The e-mail address is:
The request should provide the following information:
- Name and address of requesting activity/agency/project
- Agency's Point of Contact's Name, telephone number and e-mail address
- Brief description of requested funds use and what geographical area will receive the benefit from the requested funding.
- Date funds needed to support acclivities' schedulePlease note, while there is no guarantee that any award will be granted, in those cases when awards are made, there is usually a time delay of one to three months from the time we receive the request.
- To whom the check should be written
We look forward to hearing from you!